Participate in the joys and the freedom of horse riding at Maywood. We have specialised NDIS approved trainers available that will work with you to cater a program best to you.
Fresh air, fun and friendship are 3 things that might come to mind when you think of horse riding. But there are many more benefits outlined below.
Social and communication
When it comes to being more social, physically active and improving your communication, Horse Riding for the Disabled is a great way to:
- – Make new friends and improve social interactions
- – Improve communication skills
- – Increase confidence and independence
- – Develop patience
- – Improve fitness & wellbeing
- – Learn teamwork skills and how to interact with other people in groups.
Physical and therapeutic
Horse riding is also recognised for its therapeutic benefits for people with disabilities, bringing a sense of calm and supporting a broader range of movement. Horse Riding for the Disabled may help you:
- – Improve coordination, posture and balance
- – Develop core and muscle strength
- – Increase joint range of motion
- – Stretch tight muscles
- – Improve sensory integration
- – Increase fitness and endurance.
We look forward to you making a booking and experiencing Maywood Equestrian and our Horse Riding School. We are passionate about becoming Gympie and the Sunshine Coast’s premier riding school and would love you to be involved in our journey.